I just finished watching a rerun of the Game and after watching this series for almost three years, a lesson struck out to me.... Making the best of the situation. I dont know if you have been following it, but Melanie (played by Tia Mowry) followed Derwin (pooch hall) to San diego for him to pursue is football dreams while putting her medical career on hold. A lot happened and Derwin ended up impregnating a girl and decided to stick with her to raise a family, thereby making him break up eventually with Melanie and all that drama. I saw as melanie made friends, created her own world outside of Derwin and she had all these people to help her get through the sad break up.
In my case, i relocated to a new town cuz i was seeing my ex and in my lack of responsibility thought that we could have a future, i didnt foresee the early break up. Now im stuck, frustrated and on the verge of depression. I bet my friends asre really tired of me talking about the whole issue. I have considered moving back or finding a new place to go so as to ease the pain and move on finally. Watching how Melanie dealt with the situation is so encouraging. I guess its time to make the best of the situation.
I am going to be confident, motivated and rise above all depression. I am staying in this town and making the best of it
When Life deals all kinds of cards to us, its best to play it, cuz who knows, we may end up winning the jackpot.
I read on a blog about happiness, i.e: not waiting for things to be perfect before being happy and i will like to join the movement
I, Naked soul will not wait to get over my ex to be happy
I will not wait to clear all my credit cards to be happy
I will not wait to lose that extra 10lbs to be happy
I am getting out of bed now, drying my tears, and living life with no regrets cuz i know the plans God has for my life. All the ideas i have put on hold will be revisited. I am going to make the best of the situation i am in because i am a strong, independent, happy woman.........
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Inspiring..
ReplyDeleteDo you girl..!! We can only deal the hand we're dealt..
If he didn't know to stick with you.. then it's his loss!
I'm curious about your name, Naked soul..
ReplyDeleteMaybe you'll explain it one day..?
thanks for ur comment.... yep, one day i'll explain!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. Really inspiring for real. I'm glad you are seizing your happiness by the horns as opposed to waiting for it to find you. A big YAY to that.
ReplyDeleteNice post. Know this: We all fall...Staying down is not option if you want to make it.
ReplyDeleteIn the words of Aliyah...If first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again.
Live your life... You deserve to be happy.
good for you..keep up with that positive spirit!
ReplyDeleteI think it was Pac (I am not sure ooo) that said..you either stay and pick up the pieces..or you step over them and move the f%#k on...lol wink * wink*
ReplyDeleteso now that you have dried your tears and have resolved to get over everything..can we move the F%*k on? lol ( Pardon my language, my lady..)