Monday, April 27, 2009

He Speaks.............

Phil 4:19
Matt 6:31-33

I have been battling with being a great Christian and falling into sin and I am currently a work in progress. I always had the impression that there were some people God spoke to and I was never going to be one of them. Wait, I remember some years ago when I was a really active Christian and I think I once heard a voice tell me what to do and the obedience brought me success, but that was a long time ago. I backslided and fell into a lot of sins. I felt all that had been going wrong in my life was a consequence for all my sins and what not.

Recently, I have started building a relationship back to God and its not based on an “I want” basis. You know the kind that you only remember God when you need a favour. I constantly pray and seek him more because I have a deep conviction to know his plans for my life. I am pleased to write that God spoke to me. Not the Hey Naked soul, I am God, but it was a still voice I heard and a bible verse that keeps recurring in my head. To top it up, a song I had not sung in over 5 years was on my lips all day today.

I will celebrate, sing unto the Lord, i will sing to him a new song
Jehovah Jireh, My provider, Your grace is sufficient for me......


I am in a lot of debt, due to my unemployment status that’s been on for a while. I really cant point out how I have been getting money cuz I don’t even know. All I see is I always have enough to go by.

Anyway, last week I almost hit rock bottom. I had to urgently pay some money on my credit card and also buy some essentials. I was distraught. I was tired of asking my brothers to lend me money and I was really depressed. Ever since my rededication, I had been reading my bible every morning and a morning devotional. On two occasions, I cried myself to sleep, asking God the ultimate question “why me”? I have tried my best, people that have not even tried as much as I have, are in very comfortable positions. The morning after these two nights, the morning devotion talked on Matt 6:31-33. I cant say its coincidence. I don’t even know what to think. The verses got stuck in my head and I prayed a very simple prayer. Lord, just see me through this sudden money crisis. A voice in my head told me to write the most essential things I needed.
Can you believe that my brother told me not to bother paying him the debt back and he gave me some more money. I wasn’t expecting it cuz he’s a student and he’s also trying to make ends meet. Also, over the weekend, I was talking to two of my friends and I casually told them I needed a little money. Unexpectedly, they both told me to send my account number and gave me the little they could afford. I was in shock. As I type this, I have the exact money I wrote down that I needed.

God is very much alive and he speaks. With all these, I am confident that he will definitely see me through this phase of my life. A part of me feels I am going through all this to come out stronger, wiser and more independent. I feel good cuz it means no matter how much sin I may have committed, he is willing to forgive me.

I really appreciate the personal emails I have been getting from you guys. I feel like I am not alone and I am so glad I decided to start my own blog.

12 comments:

  1. After the rain always comes the sun..

    Stay strong dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring post! Sis, I'm soo with you on this one. God is real, and he is a great God. As I type this, I am really praising him for you and the miracle that he did in your life, 'cos despite what others may think, to me it is a miracle.
    Take care and continue to keep your head up and trust in him, you no get problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your down times it is amazing how your true friends and family come through for you. Also the solace you seek from God as well. Things will come good. Just give it a bit of time okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I'm so happy I came to read. This is what we're all here for. To support and encourage each other...

    There is NOTHING impossible with God...is there anything too hard for God? Praise Him!!!! lolll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song that's playing on my iPod right now has these simple lyrics

    "One word is all we need to destroy captivity, and break the chains that are binding"

    God will always come through for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good you are trying to build a personal relationship with God. We go through turbulent times like this at some points in life but they only last for a while. Remember you have God.He will definitely see you through.My first time here and i'm loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..great testimony..

    I'm also in the process of getting back on track with God..I know He'll come through for me too..

    He will definitely continue what He has started in your life..amen..

    ReplyDelete
  8. yours is a true testimony.. he is there its just left for us to listen.

    i am also a working progress. God's blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is always present, He has our backs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very inspiring..
    As I go through your posts, I have deep feeling that you are special..never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really encouraged...I'm going through the exact same thing right now, and I swear, I am convinced the end of my world is near..but now reading this....
    I guess I should continue to seek Gods face....
    (even though it feels like hes hiding it sha..)

    ReplyDelete