Monday, May 4, 2009

I only wish

Why can’t these feelings go away?
I know I am not meant to think of you, lest I find myself missing you
But I have been doing that a lot lately
I can’t help but wonder how it all went wrong
One minute we were laughing and having fun,
The next you decided we needed to take a break
With absolutely no reason
I didn’t see it coming at all.
You could have warned me, or showed me signs
The night before we talked about us, the future and how we were going to figure it all out
Why did you change the script on me?
Its all been said and done, you have moved on
I hear you may be seeing someone now
I guess its time for me to move on too
So here I am, saying my goodbyes, closing my heart and ripping out any form of feelings I have left
We were never meant to be, I understand.
I only wish you could have handled it differently, not taken my self esteem with you
You could have let me down gently, or even hinted at your unhappiness
Oh well, there’s no use revisiting the past
The damage has been done and all that is left is for me to pick the broken pieces
I only wish I could stop missing and thinking about you

9 comments:

  1. you will be okay. these thing takes time..

    i know its not easy. Just keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh this was me a few years ago. It does get better. I'm not sure u'll ever stop thinking about him [i don't mean wanting him] cos you don't have the answers you desire but it WILL get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe, we have all been there. Well, at least I have. Unanswered questions, constantly asking ourselfs what went wrong. My dear, all you can do is pick yourself up and TRY to focus on other things. e no go easy at all but trust, one day you will look back on this and possibly wonder 'what did I ever see in him sef?' or you may find an even better person and sooo not even think about this person at all. It is well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got zero experience on this issue, but i've heard it gets better and easier..hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry hun..You will feel better, I assure you. A man that drops you like that does not deserve you anyway. Sounds like a clishe but true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no telling that if he'd handled it differently.. you wouldn't be in the same zone right now..

    Stay strong..

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will go away trust me I know! But with time though and when you have found someone else as well. Life is like that. Hang in there it will only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it may not seem that way right now and u might wanna tell me to shut up after reading this(lol) but u WILL get there eventually..u WILL move on..

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....maybe, just maybe one needs to feel the 'pain' to be able to appreciate ourselves much more. But, you know the more beautiful thing *whispers* 'they' always come back. Why? ...you ask. Because, 'tis only from a distance they get to appreciate what they lost.

    Guess what, 'twould simply be too late then.

    ReplyDelete